Wave Hill Station is located 450km South-West of Katherine in the Victoria River District of the Northern Territory. The property currently runs approximately 45,000 head of Brahman cattle across 2.9million acres. Mustering is done using a combination of horse, motorbike and helicopter.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a similar livestock business, and have a continuing commitment and drive to this industry. You will need to be capable of following directions on existing young cattle education policies and have good communication skills to work with both management and the team. You must enjoy working all livestock in a calm, low stress manner and be driven to continually improve and learn. Competent horsemanship skills and experience is essential for this position.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Reporting to the station manager and Head Stockperson regularly
- Lead, motivate and train a team of up to 6 to a high standard in all station activities
- Promote a positive, respectful and safe work environment
- Plan and co-ordinate with current management to meet day to day and program goals
- Perform regular young cattle management duties- Yard education, Tailing, Drafting, Branding and Mustering
- Detailed and accurate recording of all stock information
- Ensure workplace standards and policies are followed
If interested please submit your application including a resume, cover letter and ensure you outline your experience with horses and team leadership.
Applications are now open!